10.08.2008

playing Catch UP.

It is amazing how 3 days out of town can throw your schedule for a loop. I feel like I am behind on so many things...I need to catch up.

First of all, I returned home last night from Washington, where we had a wonderful service for Grandma, it is amazing you can know someone your whole life and still find out things and hear stories you never knew before. I am so glad I was able to go and spend time with so many relatives I haven't seen in years. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa looked down on us and rejoiced over their family...WOW has it grown!
I was also able to get a hold of some fantastic photographs of my Grandparents and their young family, I have many more which I will be making into a hardbound book so we can all cherish these photos forever.
Here are just a few of my favorites...

Photobucket
Grandma in 1942
Photobucket
Grandma & Grandpa in 1942 right before he left for WWII
Photobucket
The Rawlins Family in 1951...my Mom is the cute little girl on the bottom right.
Photobucket
They added one more child a few years later, can you believe this little family has grown to almost 100 people?!
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go up to Washington and celebrate my Grandma's life. We have many things she left behind to hold on to. I brought home 2 beautiful porcelain dolls from her collection. I also have many things she sewed and quilted for me through the years. I am so grateful I have these momentos to remember her by.
I must give my hubby a big THANK YOU too, because he stayed home with the kids so I could go...and I must say he is pretty AWESOME because I came home to a very clean house...and the laundry was done...I knew I married the right guy!
Now I need to catch up on my photography class and all the many blogs I read...

2 comments:

Angela said...

What an awsome tribute Cara! :)

salty c-snake said...

beautiful pictures!! and tell Dale, he's welcome to stop by our house any time. we could use some child/house care!!

colby