11.21.2008

Flash Back Friday...senior portraits & a few more!

Ok...these pictures are totally going to give my age away...Yes I am a product of the 80's...I graduated in 1989 to be exact...gotta love that hair! This is the only actual senior picture I have, I guess my parents still have the others...so I included a few more from my senior year...just for fun!
Photobucket
I spent a lot of time getting those bangs that high! I know you want to find a pair of those aztec shorts don't ya?!
Photobucket
I thought I would throw in a few more, since it is so fun to look back to the 80's and all that bad hair and clothing choices!
My crush from high school...I thought he was so dreamy...I loved that he played the drums and football, I had a bad crush on his boy!
Photobucket
Notice my friend Heather is wearing the same dress I was in the above picture...we just shared...so our parents didn't go broke, and have to buy a new dress for every dance.
Photobucket
"Morp" my senior year...we decided not get our own dates, we had more fun with the girls! Don't be jealous of my jumper!
Photobucket
So there ya go...make sure you go over Scrappy's blog and post a comment that you participated so we can have a place to go and look!

12 comments:

Mrs. Morty said...

Wow!! Those are sweet! I'm in love with the giant lacy collars. Those are awesome.

salty c-snake said...

Ok, i never use this acronym but OMG. i love that you put these up. it's so fabulous to have a visual. i'm feeling too lazy to scan stuff, but i already had a shot up of my senior year do and bedazzled sweater (i graduated 92, still with the big bangs.)

it's here: http://wackywarnocks.blogspot.com/2008/10/today-i-am-remembering.html

if you can't click there because of the private thing, it's in the october archives "today i am remembering"

colby

Andy said...

You were always a hair fashion-ista! I also loved that every girl had a velvet dress with a lace collar. What was the name of that designer that always did that style? Shoot, I can't remember. Oh, and your photography stuff is great! I wish I were close so you could take our Christmas family picture! Perfect pricing too! I'm sure that's a lot of fun! Rebecca

boys in the hood said...

Rebecca...and anyone else that was wondering...the designer was Jessica McClintoc, we used to go to San Francisco every summer to the outlet!

Michal said...

i remember the big lace collars and the jessica mcclintock dresses. i graduated in 91, but i had all of those same clothes in 1989! these pictures were so fun, cara!

Stephanie said...

I was a 1990 girl, so I could relate to your fashions here. I do think it's funny,though, that you all had practically the same dress on. That's great. It was fun to see it.

Scrappy said...

Cara!!! This is so awesome! Totally RAD!
I will have to come back after I get home from my trip and spend some more time looking at these great pictures. Thanks for taking the challenge.

McD said...

Man, seeing your pictures totally makes me want to go and watch Karate Kid! No Wait, how about Top Gun!! I gotta check AMC to see if any of those old movies are on.

Kendra said...

I am not one for acronyms either but ROFL!! I forgot how hideous the 80's were!! You are a brave soul to post these pics for all of us to laugh at! The good news is that all the time on the high bangs paid off, they are beautiful and you certainly do a better job on your hair now! Love you sis... I am glad I am younger so my high school styles were much better..rock the 90's!!

Ice Cream said...

LOVE IT! And I think I had a pair of those Aztec shorts. I was just a bit younger in them. =)

You totally read my mind. I've been gathering all my dance pictures for another revealing photo post. I lived 2 years in Rexburg Idaho where they have a dance almost every month so I have a lot, a LOT, of dance photos.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Oh, I had the lovely lace collar, too. I'm pretty sure I had, or wanted, shorts like that, too. Funny!

TheSweetMom said...

That was all worth it, to see you with the big bangs and collared get-up! It brings me back! Did you know I made a jumper in home-ec that would even make you jealous? Oh, yea! LOL! You are SO beautiful in all your pictures!