11.14.2008

another Promotion...

Taylor has been working really hard at his Judo class, and received another promotion this week to 2nd degree Yellow Belt. (sorry the pics are blurry, but the lighting was horrible and my lens doesn't have that great of a zoom..another subtle hint to DH..Christmas is just around the corner, a 24-70mm would be great! ha in my dreams!)
Photobucket
This is Taylor receiving his belt from his Sensei. I really enjoy watching these kids each week and the interaction the Sensei has with them. I believe he cares about each child individually and it shows. Sensei Pat was a 2 time Olympian and has trained some amazing athletes that have also gone to the Olympics. I will be sad when we move, because I'm not sure we will be able to find a Judo organization quite like this one.
Photobucket
The kids are supposed to tie their own belts, but for the sake of time Sensei tied them for them, as he talked about the accomplishments of each child that received a promotion.
Photobucket
Talyor looks a bit overwhelmed here...I love the look on his face!
Photobucket
Now why won't he smile for me like this all the time???
Photobucket
Taylor and his good friend Kason...they started together, and enjoy the competion they have with eachother. They are very good about only practicing their Judo at class or on the trampoline.
Photobucket
We'll see how long until he makes it to the next level...ORANGE.

8 comments:

Scrappy said...

Hooray! Great job Taylor!
He looks so proud of himself...and he should be!

Kendra said...

Oh...he is so proud and dang cute! I also love his huge smile in that picture! I looked at your Photography blog and I love the Christmas cards. We will have to take some pics so you can make us one!! I love the pictures you have been taking... you are kinda awesome!!

Pat said...

Oh that's so awesome and so cute that he's smiling so much! I love the picture of him standing on that stand. He looks very professional and intimidating!

The Foys said...

I'm at my in-laws house, so if that previous comment said something like HPfoyster, it was from me!

Nessa said...

I love this post. Your little Taylor is so fun. What a great accomplishment!

TheSweetMom said...

That takes a lot of dedication and self control. I'm so proud of him for moving up to the next belt! He still looks like he's really enjoying Judo! Way to go, Tay!

Angela said...

So cute, look how cute they look in there little outfits, or whatever you call them! Great job Taylor! ;)

Lindsey said...

Nice work Taylor...the look on his face is priceless when he's on the stand.