1.29.2010

Ice.Ice.Snow.

Day 1:

~woke up got in the shower and ready for the day...
~turned on the TV to find out...
~No school, because of the Big Storm...Great!

First thing Taylor did was run outside and started playing in the wet, cold stuff!
Photobucket
I did not want to step outside of my house in fear of slipping and falling on my head like I did in the last ice storm...so I tried to get some pictures of Taylor breaking up the ice on the trampoline from my back doorway.
Photobucket
He got smart and came inside to play. Our next door neighbor came over to hang out.

All they did for hours was play with their DSi's...
Photobucket
They didn't even stop to eat...
Photobucket
Finally they got tired of that, and found other various activities to keep them busy...like jumping off the top bunk onto the beanbag...luckily no one got hurt.
Photobucket
I took this picture to show the ice on my dining room window. You can't even see out the window because of the ice!
Photobucket
Day 2:

We woke up to the beginning of a snow storm...it is pretty...but I still don't like it...my life revolves around me running around staying busy...not sitting around my house all day. When it snows in Oklahoma it pretty much cripples the city.
Photobucket
This is the ice that has accumulated on my house...crazy huh?!
Photobucket
And of course...the fact that it was beginning to snow did not keep Taylor inside...
Can you see the ice on the trampoline enclosure?
Photobucket
Maddie even decided she was missing out too, so she geared up and headed out...I decided I wanted to get a few pictures of both of the kids playing...it didn't last long though...I don't like to be cold, and I didn't want my new camera to get wet!
Photobucket

Photobucket
This is my sanity...good thing I picked up a 24 pack before the storm hit!
Photobucket
The snow is still coming down, so I'm sure this will be the longest weekend of my life!!! Good thing I got a 24 pack and not just a 12!

6 comments:

salty c-snake said...

i was going to ask you if you got your new camera. i can't believe it was possitlbe for your pics to get better!! love the header. darling shots.

(and when we heard it was going to snow, the first thing we got was coke!! and toilet paper)

Nessa said...

NOT to rub it in or anything...BUT I am SO glad to be here and not there!!! I am like you..I have to be gone a bulk of my day running around to feel good...that staying in business would be a nightmare! Love your candy jars!...and I think we have the same table?!

Beck said...

Oh my gosh, this was so funny because all last week we were stuck at home with my two kids because they had the flu. I was out of Diet Coke and would have done ANYTHING to run to the store real fast to get some! So, ya got a new camera? What did you get?

TheSweetMom said...

Great pics of our 2nd winter storm. Your kids look adorable. Oklahoma weather is out of control lately, huh?! Love your new header too, Taylor looks so cute! And of course little Maddie is so sweet!

The Foys said...

It cracks me up that Taylor is SUCH a boy and Maddie is SUCH a girl!! They are so stinking cute... ready for yet another day at home with both of them?! Oh and I love your new header btw!

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to go so many days with the kids trapped at home Honey...I sure wish I was there. At least you had your best friend "Diet Coke" to make things better. The header is so stinking cute! Maddie just makes me melt. And Taylor is really cool looking. Miss you guys :(

Dale