1.08.2010

Our Christmas Vacation...Vegas Style!

We were excited to spend Christmas this year with my family. The kids had fun spending time with their cousins that they rarely get to see.
Photobucket
Taylor loved hanging out with his oldest cousin Jake...he thought he was pretty cool being able to play video games with him and his friends. Taylor also wants to grow his hair out just like Jake's...not sure I can handle that one!

Maddie thinks he is pretty cool too! (I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual!)
Photobucket
Maddie loved playing with "baby Casen" and Aydan.
Photobucket
My Mom and I took the kids one night to see the lights and sample some chocolates at Ethel M's...Poppy was being grumpy that night and didn't feel like going...wait Poppy was grumpy every night..HA!!
Photobucket
The traditional picture in front of the tree on Christmas Eve before they opened their Christmas jammies.
Photobucket
Auntie Sara brought gifts for all the kids...do you think Maddie was a little excited about her paints?
Photobucket
Maddie loved my Mom's Christmas tree...I often found her looking at the tree like this, my Mom has an ornament with a picture of each grandchild, she has 20 with another on the way. Maddie loved looking at her own, she actually had to move her's down lower so she could reach it and look at it whenever she wanted, such a silly girl!
Photobucket
Christmas morning...waiting for uncle Brad to get there so we could see what Santa brought...I thought it was pretty cute when the kids climbed in bed with Grammy and Grumpy...I mean Poppy :)
Photobucket
The rest of the day was spent playing with all the new toys and games...
(I got Taylor OU jammies on purpose...my Dad is a die hard BYU fan, so we had to rub it in a little bit!)
Photobucket
Maddie sure loved her Uncle Aaron and loved snuggling with him.
Photobucket
Christmas night we drove down to the strip to see the dancing water show at The Bellagio Hotel.
Photobucket
We walked through the Atruim of Flowers.
Photobucket
Maddie had the best seat in the house!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brennan, Taylor, & Autumn. My brother Aaron and his cute little family...Jac, Jennifer, Autumn, and baby Edson will be making his appearance next month!
Photobucket
Of course the sisters and Mom had do lunch and a little shopping...Cheesecake Factory was delish!
Photobucket
My sista's Kendra & Sara
Photobucket
Me and the best Mom ever!
Photobucket

We had a great time and even missed 14 inches of snow back home in Oklahoma...Taylor was bummed, but I was happy to be in 60 degree weather, Thank you very much!

7 comments:

The Foys said...

What a fun break! It's so nice that Taylor and Maddie got to see family that they rarely get to see. Your family is so cute!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the kids had fun playing with their cousins. Too bad you couldn's super-impose my face in some of the pictures. I really miss Christmas and it sure wasn't the same. The picuture of Maddie looking at the orniment sums it up for me. Her gentle sweet spirit is captured in her eyes and when I look at her, she makes me melt. Only a daughter can do that to a tough Air Force Dad. She will forever be my sweet girl. Taylor is also very special and is a great buddy to his cousins. He's tough on the outside but very sensative on the inside. I'm greatful that Cara was able to travel safely with the kids and enjoy the time spent with the family. Special thanks to Mom, Dad, Kendra, Sara, Brad,(for playing the Wii), Jake (for being a good example and great older cousin for Taylor to look up to), Aaron (for giving Maddie a ride on your shoulders) and all the rest.

Hope to see you soon
Dale

Jennifer Brammer said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go out there and have such a good time! Its great to be able to see family! And Dale, you need to delete your comment or something--you're going to make everyone cry!!

Kerri said...

Dale's comment got me crying, too. It was so fun to see your Dad and Mom! I miss them! Beautiful pics of the kids. I can't believe how gorgeous all you Cobia women are!

Kerri said...

Dale's comment got me crying, too. It was so fun to see your Dad and Mom! I miss them! Beautiful pics of the kids. I can't believe how gorgeous all you Cobia women are!

K Bailey said...

Great pics Cara.....looks much warmer than it was here!

Kendra said...

We missed you too Dale!! I love all the pictures although the angle could have been better for me =) Love you sister!