1.22.2010

Scenes from Saudi.

This is Saudi Arabia...

This isn't quite how I had invisioned it...

I guess I had pictured it a little more sandy? And less rocky...
Photobucket
Dale has taken on a new hobby...

It's called "HASHING"

I will probably do a horrible job of describing what it really is...so I'm not going to try very hard.
Photobucket
There is a big group of people from many different countries that get together to go on this adventure. There are the "Brit's" (British), there are the "Ausie's" (Australian's) and my favorite was when I asked him what they call us as American's he said, we are the "Yank's!"

Anyway...someone goes the day before and sets the trail with flour, then everybody meets the next day for the start of the race. You can either walk it or run the trail. It is obviously a little harder then just a run, I would say it is more like a hike, but then if you run it...well I don't really understand the whole thing...Dale really should be the one explaining this...

They also can lead you on a false trail, so you have to make sure you stay on the right trail...or you might get lost?
Photobucket
I love Dale's signature "hands on his hips" pose...We miss you honey :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We love hearing about his fun adventures in the desert, going "into town", and going to church on Friday in a country that doesn't allow you to practice Christianity.

1 comment:

TheSweetMom said...

Dale, I've heard about some of your adventures! You are so strong and such a great guy! We appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to our country and your family! I know they are so proud of you! And thanks for sending the pics, they are amazing!