4.01.2009

Remembering Lilly.

Photobucket
I wanted to do something special today for Lilly. It was 5 years ago today my brother Aaron and his wife Jennifer lost their sweet baby girl to a rare blood disease (they didn't know she had, it was very sudden). Since this happened I have quietly thought about her and wondered what she would be like today. So, in honor of Lillian and her parents and sister and brother, my kids and I let off 5 balloons representing each year she has been gone.
Photobucket
Maddie had fun playing with the balloons before we let them go.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had a few of the neighbor kids help out too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Watching the balloons float to heaven.
Photobucket
What a joy she has brought to our family, and a desire to do better in our lives, so we can be together again someday.

7 comments:

Mrs. Morty said...

That is very sweet, what a great way to remember Lilly and help her cousins rember her as well.

Anonymous said...

This is really nice Cara, I was touched. She was so special. I am babysitting Casen today and I showed him your pictures.aX cASEN DID THIS.

Love, Dad

Scrappy said...

What a great idea. I have always loved that picture of her that you have in your kitchen. What a beautiful girl!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the thoughtfulness of those five balloons. Our hearts are warmed knowing that you guys are thinking about Lilly and us. It helps the sun to shine on this snowy Utah day. We love you guys!

Love, Aaron and Jennifer

P.S. We love the pictures, especially the one with the flowers, it is beautiful!

K Bailey said...

Sweet post Cara. Great way to remember her each year.

Kendra said...

Thanks for the post Cara! I was also thinking of Lilly today and wondering what I could do in her honor! You are such a good sister and mom to think of something so thoughtful! We love you silly Lilly and we are thinking of you too!!

Celestia said...

What a beautiful post and idea. I always tell my kids that if they accidentelly let a balloon go, they shouldn't be sad because a child in heaven gets to play with you. You sent up 5!