4.12.2009

{Easter Pics}

I forced my ever anxious kiddos to dress up in their Easter clothes for a photo shoot the other day...it happened to be the day with the most wind, but I thought I would go for it anyway. I was excited to try out a new spot, out in a little town about 20 minutes away.

I got a little nervous as I was driving into this little town...when I saw at the stop light parked next to me, a woman driving her beat-up jeep holding a can of beer...then I saw the guy next to her holding a bottle of some kind of booze...and then to top it off the guy in the back was HOLDING a baby with a can of beer in his hand!!!! (I know I should of called the cops, but my thought was to get the heck away from them...I think I was just in shock and I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I will call the cops next time though, I promise!)

We made it to our destination...the old Santa Fe Depot Museum. I loved the location for my kids, I didn't have to do as much bribing, because there was old train cars to climb and play on.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was asking them to hold hands...and of course Taylor refused, but not without a pouting face. I love the way Maddie is looking at her brother though.

I was also having a little fun with my new editing software, these are a few of the presets I played around with.
Photobucket
The kids loved climbing on the train cars... Taylor had a little too much fun and got his hands black from climbing. Oh...and to get Taylor to even take these pictures, I let him keep his jean shorts on, instead of his khaki's...which I think ended up being a good thing, considering all the stuff he got into!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the way Maddie's eyes are closed and the wind is blowing her hair...it's almost as if the train is moving!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Maddie's "Tippi Toes" classes are paying off...check her out!

Happy Easter!

12 comments:

The Foys said...

Oh Cara those pictures turned out so beautifully!! I love them all!! Seriously...they are so awesome. I just keep looking at them!

K Bailey said...

Oh....my fav is the third one down!

Krystal said...

Your kids are sooo good lookin girl. And you are super talented.

shultzfamily said...

Cara-
You kids are so beautiful. They have grown so much. Hey when we are in Las Vegas this summer if you are there can I book you to take photos of my family? Love to you all.
Eva

Scrappy said...

These are awesome! That looks like a great place for family pics! :)

Jennifer Brammer said...

I love the pictures! I love the train they are on! Makes for a really cute background! Your kids are too cute!

Kendra said...

That Maddie is one little diva! I love how she is posing perfectly for every picture...even trying to hold Taylor's unwilling hand (I also love her face in that one). Her dress is so cute! I want to be a little girl again so I can wear cute dresses for Easter!

Kirstyn said...

Love the green dress. You are so good at pictures. Every one you take turns out so good. I can't even pick a favorite.

The Biermann Family said...

great pictures! they are too adorable!:)

Angela said...

adorable!!!!

Lindsey said...

What a fun setting, love all the bright colors...nice work! I love the "cool guy" smile on Taylor when he's leaning against the wall...and Maddie as always, perfect little poser!

Michal said...

gorgeous. i love the last one of maddie.