4.30.2009

{a Derby & a 10K}

Dale ran in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon this last weekend. He ran in the relay division with 4 other people from work. He ran the last leg of the race which was a 10K. Way to go Dale! He did pretty darn good considering he didn't do any training before hand...he ran once the week before 3 miles. His excuse was he injured the muscles between the ribs playing on our church softball team the Thursday before the race. He was running to catch a home run, and did a back flip over the fence...he even had fence marks on his ribs to prove it! Poor guy is still complaining it hurts!

(and no we didn't go and cheer him on to the finish line...I regret that we didn't, but the kids did have strep...so this was the only picture I got of him, on our front porch. There is always next year!)

Photobucket
We had a Pinewood Derby at church for everyone...not just the scouts. Dale and Taylor had fun building their car together.
Photobucket
Taylor's is the red car, next to the blue one (second from the right).
Photobucket
His car did great, and got to race several times!
Photobucket
Here is the race between Taylor's car and the Morty's...don't you love how Mr. Morty used a 5lb. weight? So fun and creative...but it totally tipped over and crashed before it made it to the finish line.
Photobucket
Here was the final race against the "Y" car...bummer Taylor's lost, as you can see! (my Dad will happy that a "Y" car won anyway!)
Photobucket
Taylor with his certificate and his SWEET ride!

He was so proud of himself!

...and just to be random...
Photobucket
Poor Maddie got strep too...I found her asleep like this.

Her and those darn blankets!!!
Photobucket
Yes...she stuffs the blanket in her mouth and sucks on it...SO.GROSS. I know.

Any suggestions on how to take a blanket away? The pacifier would of been much easier!!!

7 comments:

K Bailey said...

Oh let the sweet girl have her little blankie! She's only little once right?

Kendra said...

Good job Dale on the race and good job Tay on 2nd place! That is pretty impressive! Tell Maddie she will have buck teeth like her auntie Kenny had! That is so silly that she still eats her blankie! She's cute though so that makes up for it! Oh and I love the invite you made me! Thanks!! I might want one without my address and phone to post on my blog! Love you!! You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice going Dale and Taylor. Taylor if you had to lose, then at least it was against the Y car and not the U car, if there was one.

Hope Maddie is better.

Love, Poppy

Kim and Joel said...

Hey - I found your blog - such a cute cute family!! Thanks again, I'm excited to see the pics. the kids are all asleep and I'm so wasting time, I've got to go get busy :)

Adriann said...

I sucked on my blanket until I was 8 and my parents told me they'd pay me $20 if I threw it away. I did, and opened my first savings account! So with inflation ... maybe bribery in a few years would work. Besides that, I got nothin' for you. Good luck!

Nessa said...

Poor Maddie, so cool for Taylor, AWESOME job to Dale.

The Foys said...

Oh Cara :0) You have the cutest family ever! Go Dale with his running... i can't run more than five seconds without getting tired! And go Taylor too! I don't know what to tell you about Maddie except that she's so cute I wouldn't be able to take that blanket from her!