3.08.2009

Our State Champ.

We headed up to Tulsa on Saturday for Taylor's State Championship Judo Tournament.

He was really excited to compete in this tournament.

If he places 1st he is eligible to go to the National Championships and the JR. Olympics in Florida!
Photobucket
It is funny to see all the kids waiting for their turn all playing their DS's, and Taylor was no exception. (I'm lucky he was so into his game, he didn't even notice I took this picture!)
Photobucket
Miss Maddie "hanging" out...she is such a good sport at these events! She brings her box of "colors" and paper and her Barbie "puter" to keep her busy for the 5-6 hours.
Photobucket

Photobucket
...and the Winner is...
Photobucket
TAYLOR!!!
Photobucket
Taylor and his Sensai. It is so fun to watch all the kids encourage eachother as they compete. We are proud of Taylor's hard work and dedication to Judo!

11 comments:

Scrappy said...

Yay! Congratulations, Taylor!!

The Foys said...

So I was sitting next to Taylor in Primary today and talked to him all about how he won the gold medal! It was so cute :0) He was so excited! I also told him that he looked very handsome in his shirt and he didn't know what to think about that! What a great boy you have there!

Nessa said...

Oh wow! Great job Taylor!!!

salty c-snake said...

that's so exciting!! we feel priviliged to know a champion!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Taylor! We know you've worked hard to get to the top! Keep it up!

Andy said...

Congratulations Taylor! Now you're off to Florida? Cool.
Rebecca

The Biermann Family said...

Great job Taylor!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Taylor, I know I will have a hard time throwing you now, and I will not even try or you will hurt me! Love, Poppy :)

Anonymous said...

That is flippin' sweet. Congrats to Taylor. Man, I would hate to meet him in a dark alley. I hope he is on my side.

uncle Jared

Lindsey said...

Awesome Taylor...I love his little toothless smile in the picture of the three medalists!

Kendra said...

I will definitely be remembering to call Tay on his b-day. I also do not want to be on his bad side. I hope he only uses his mad skills for fighting good and not his aunts!