3.11.2009

Major Exciting...

I got a phone call from Dale's office on Monday morning. The General asked me to bring the kids down at 4pm for a surprise. The kids and I showed up a little before 4 and were led into the Generals conference room to wait (that was nerve racking...let me tell ya...tons of stuff for little curious fingers to touch!) They had Dale called up to talk to another Major while everyone gathered around the conference table. The General poured sparkling cider for everyone...then they called up for Dale...he came walking in VERY surprised to see us and everyone else!
The Major select results came in and Dale made Major!

It is a big accomplishment, and Dale has worked very hard to earn this. He is very dedicated to the Air Force and takes his job very serious...almost too much I think...but that's why I'm not in the Air Force!

We are very proud of him and all the sacrifices he makes for our family and our country!

...and if you can believe it...I forgot my camera so I don't have a picture from that day...but I do have this one...
Photobucket
The soon to be Major Williquette.
Congrats DAD & we love you!

12 comments:

K Bailey said...

That is awesome Dale!!!! A BIG congrat!

The Biermann Family said...

Great job! Congrats Major Williquette!

TheSweetMom said...

We know you've been working very hard, Congratulations on a Big accomplishment, Dale!

Mrs. Morty said...

Great job!! The Major's board thing stresses me out a little, okay a lot. You guys can breathe a little easier now I'm sure :) Congratulations!!

Jennifer Brammer said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!
I can only imagine how stressful that would be to be sitting there with two kids! But, that is great!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Dale-e-boy, I knew you would catch me and my rank someday, now you don't have to drop for push-ups anymore.

Love, Dad

Celestia said...

Yay Dale! Congrats...we are so proud.

Nessa said...

'Major'ly great!!! So exciting for you guys...sorry you forgot your camera.

Adriann said...

Wow Congrats Dale! For us non-military people, could you fill us in on the order of rankings? I'm pretty sure private is at the bottom and general at the top, but other than that I'm clueless.

Kendra said...

Major Daley Pooh, yeah I think that has a nice ring to it! Congrats!

Kerri said...

Awesome! Your boys are real achievers--first a state judo champ and next a major promotion!

Angela said...

That is so cool! Especially how they involved all of you! Tell Dale Congrats! :)