3.25.2009

Cousins+Friends+Houston=Spring Break!

*Warning* Lots of pictures!
We had a great time down in Houston. My brother and his family invited us to come down for Spring Break, since Dale took off to Korea, I thought it sounded like a great idea!

Taylor and Maddie had a great time riding bikes, playing video games, basketball, walking the dog and playing in the woods. Not to mention, I had a great time too...my brother watched all 8 kids so my sister in law, Jennifer and I could go shopping...we pretty much shopped till we dropped...Thanks Jared you are a great Dad and uncle!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We also met up with one of our friends we met while stationed at Beale AFB in California. They just recently moved to Houston. We met them at George Bush park for a picnic and let the kids play and feed the ducks.
Photobucket
8 of the 10 kids we had between the 3 of us.
Photobucket
...here we have all 10!
Photobucket
Of course Taylor wouldn't come be in the this picture with our friends kids...little stinker!
Photobucket
Maddie & Brooklyn waiting for the ducks.
Photobucket
On Friday we headed down to Galveston Island to spend the day at the beach. It was the first time Maddie has been to the beach, that she can remember anyway. She wasn't too into the water, which was fine with me...one less kid to worry about drowning or something. She did however, Love the sand!
Photobucket
She was so exhausted from lack of sleep and over stimulation...she threw a doozie of a temper tantrum, that resulted in me snuggling her...she fell asleep within seconds of this picture...and slept for an hour and half in the chair...poor girl!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Taylor loved jumping the waves with his cousin Gibb...I kept worrying about him because they would get out so far, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He is such a boy and is fearless at times! He had fun playing in the sand too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Can you believe he agreed to a picture with his Mom? Thanks buddy!
Photobucket
We had a fun filled week, making lots of memories with family and friends!

Taylor's birthday is Saturday...so we have something Big planned starting on Friday...lucky boy gets to miss school too! I'll share more when we get back!

5 comments:

The Foys said...

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun! It also makes me happy that you made Houston look so good since sterling's parents have to move there. It makes me excited to go there and visit them! And of course, you children are as beautiful as ever!

Anonymous said...

So fun! I'm glad you came down. Let's schedule another time soon!
Jen

K Bailey said...

Fun pics....and cute one of you with Maddie in the chair! Where are you going? Oh wait...I think I remember talking about this...I'm pretty sure we're going in May...is this the place?

Nessa said...

What a cute post...love Maddies swim suit!

Kendra said...

I am so jealous that you go to visit Jared and Jen!! I am glad you had fun and that we actually got to see some pictures with you in them for a change!! It looks like everyone had a fun time! Love you guys! I hope Tay has a good surprise for his b-day tomorrow!!