5.02.2008

Windfall.

This is the site we woke up to this morning...This is the fence to our neighbors to the right and... This is the fence to our neighbors to the left...There were 65-75 mile an hour winds last night, I thought for sure there was a tornado coming, I jumped out of bed at 12:43, to be exact freaking out and wondering where to hide since we don't have a tornado shelter...
I ran in and checked on my kids, then turned on the TV to watch the storm pass by. Luckily we didn't have any tornados touch down in our area, even though it seemed like it...there was also hail banging up against the windows, it sounded like rocks hitting the windows.
I guess Dale will be busy this weekend putting the fences back up!

6 comments:

Mrs. Morty said...

That was a scary storm last night. Stinks that you lost two fences. I was so afraid the hail would break a window!!

Emily said...

Scary! That's why I can't live there, storms like that make me way too nervous. Weird that Scrappy didn't tell me you had major wind, maybe she was trying to hide it from me so that I would want to move there. :)

Kerri said...

I'm glad you were okay. Sounds really scary!

Adriann said...

It hit our house at 1:13, to be exact. Luckily our only damage was to the side mirror on our car - from the hail. I can't believe how loud that hail was! Ivy slept right through it, crazy.

TheSweetMom said...

WOW! I've never seen that happen before without a little tornado around. I'm glad your house wasn't damaged too. I woke up at the same time running thru the house wondering the same things! I was surprise to wake up in the morning and see no damage to anything around here. Guess we got lucky!

Kendra said...

DANG!! That is so crazy! I will make sure and not to visit during tornado season!! I am glad my little niece and nephew are okay, oh and you and Dale too!!