4.24.2008

I Love Spring.







Just a few pictures of the kids I took the other day down at the park. I just wanted to play around a little with my new toy. The weather is so beautiful lately. I love spring time and how green everything is turning. I planted more flowers yesterday, I really enjoy spending time on my flower gardens. I guess I got that from my Mammy, (my dad's mom) she lived with us growing up, and we always had the most beautiful flower gardens on the street, because she spent so much time taking care of them. My Mom was too busy taking care of 7 children, but Mammy kept our yard beautiful. I always miss my Mammy this time of year,(she died 10 years ago) because of her love of gardening and her birthday is next month...Happy Spring!!!

4 comments:

Scrappy said...

So that is where you got your green thumb! Your yard always looks so beautiful.
Cute pictures.

Kerri said...

I loved Mammy, too! She was a wonderful person! I just remember that little miniature house she had in the Sewell's backyard. Enjoy the spring! I'm back on our old stomping grounds and I just remembered how we used to cut through that cemetary to go to each other's houses. I was telling Rachel about that and she thought I must have been crazy!

Kendra said...

I guess it is good that somebody in our family got the green thumb from Mammy!! It certainly left me far behind. I have killed every single plany we have had. Thanks for the memories!

Celestia said...

Oh, Mammy. Now you have me craving Mammy Fried Chicken and salt water taffy. Do you know anyone that can make authentic MFC?