9.13.2008

Hurricane IKE...Yikes!

As some of you know my brother Jared and his family live down in the Houston area, luckily they live on the west side of Houston, the brunt of the storm was more south and east. They were not in an evacuation area, but hunkered down, prepared for the worst. Jared surveyed the damage in his neighborhood this morning, thankfully they only lost power for about an hour, and have no damage to their home. However, as you will see in some of the photos his neighbor didn't fair as well, a huge branch went through the brick wall and into the master bedroom.

This is the street my brother lives on, just a few houses down.

Those winds really must have been strong to knock a tree this big down.


This is my brothers home, thankfully all of the big trees pointed away from their home. Looks like he will need to cut the leaning tree down.


This is his neighbors home.

Ouch!!!

I can't believe the trampoline didn't get blown over!

They set up a fort in the middle of their house just in case windows broke during the night, and they all had a slumber party in the dining room. Four of their 5 girls peacefully sleeping all in matching sleeping bags...how cute!

5 comments:

salty c-snake said...

Ouch indeed. I'd hate to see what the parts of Houston look like that were more affected.

Kendra said...

Those pictures are crazy. Jared also said that his neighbor where the tree hit the house had to go to the hospital for a hurt arm and a concussion because she was in bed where it hit! I am glad that Jared moved everyone to the middle of the house, that was smart!! I am also so glad they are okay!!

Kirstyn said...

Wow, I'm glad they are all safe. What crazy weather. We think we have it crazy here in Oklahoma:) I love the last picture of the girls sleeping.

salty c-snake said...

So you're tagged again. Look at my blog for the details.

Kerri said...

Wow--scary! I'm glad we don't live there and I'm glad Jared and his cute family came away relatively unscathed. Cool pics. Better than the news.