9.19.2008

Favorite Foto Friday.

I started a photography class this week, it has been so fun "practicing" all of the settings that I knew nothing about before.

Bear with me the next 6 weeks as I post my favorite foto's for the week. They will probably be mostly of my kids or my friends kids, because I like people in my pictures...

That is were my love of photography began, seeing people in different ways and capturing it forever in a photo.

So here are just a few of my fav's...
Photobucket
My kids weren't that thrilled to go on a "photo shoot" but I promised Taylor he could find the biggest stick and play in the creek...which he did...and eventually he fell into the creek and got that darn Oklahoma Red Dirt(clay) on his brand new shoes...URRGG!!!

Photobucket
Maddie can really pose if she wants too, unfortunately she doesn't pose long enough for me to fiddle around with all my settings...going manual is tough. I did manage to get this one, I loved the way the sun hit her hair.


Photobucket
This is a typical Taylor pouting face...he really didn't want to pose, he wanted to go fall in the darn creek and ruin his new shoes with that lovely red dirt.
Photobucket
...and here he is with his stick, before we head home to try to get the dirt out!

9 comments:

Scrappy said...

I am glad you are posting the pictures from your class. They are so great.
I love the one of Maddie. She is so pretty!
Good job!

Nessa said...

Ahhh Cara! these are so cute!!! I love the tall grass...we are doing are family pics soon in an area that looks simalar to that....the grass look is so fun...it's everywhere in Utah. Sorry about his new shoes...boys just seem to ruin new shoes in an instant!! And I don't miss that Oklahoma clay!!

warcolby said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!! What more can I add?? I love looking at your pictures and your cute kids. So, did we like make plans, or plan to make plans?? Call me. Facebook me. Whatever. I'll be busy tomorrow, but will try to get in touch on Sunday!!

Mrs. Morty said...

Dang dirt!! My kids aren't very cooperative with the picture taking either, and you can't exactly say wait hold that while I adjust a million things and try again. Cute pictures!

Beck said...

Cara your pictures are SO great! I love the one of your sweet girl! I would LOVE to take a photo class! You must be having so much fun (: Can't wait to see the new ones you post each week!
Rebecca

The Biermann Family said...

Great job Cara! The pics look fabulous!

onehm said...

That photo of your daughter is incredible! Love the light!!
:)

Way to go on these...looks like your class is going to be awesome!

ZB said...

That light on her hair is so gorgeous. I think it's awesome that you are learning how to make it work. I'm still learning how to make it work, but after a while I actually start to get it! Horray for photography classes.

Beck said...

Hi Cara! So, guess what! I made the TuTu last night! It turned out SOOO cute! I honestly couldn't believe how good it looks, and it cost like $5 to make. Such a fun project to make! I will post pictures on my blog soon. Brynne is napping so I have to wait for her to wake up, lol! Thanks so much again~
Rebecca