11.11.2009

Saying Goodbye...Again!!!

It's so hard to prepare yourself and your kids for Dad to leave...for a long time. I have learned it is the waiting for him to leave that is one of the hardest things.

So, in preparation for Dad to head over seas, we had a fun little family night out on the greens.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Dale was trying to teach Maddie how to hit the ball...
Photobucket
Dale forgot we were playing mini-golf...not pool!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Taylor wanted his picture with the "7" flag...since he is 7!
Photobucket
Maddie got bored half way through, and didn't want to play anymore...so she just ran around being cute!
Photobucket
Seriously... I have the cutest boy! How can he be so stinking adorable, but at the same time be the biggest stinker, ever??? (I love that kid!)
Photobucket
(I love this kid...too!)
Photobucket
I love my little family!
Photobucket

The next day we took Taylor out of school so we could see Dale off at the airport.

I love the way the kids are looking at their Dad...I was telling Dale to smile, (because more often then not, he doesn't smile) the kids both looked up at him at the same time...they sure love their DAD...you can see it in their eyes!
Photobucket
We got special permission for the kids and I to wait at the gate with him...good thing we had the cell phone and camera to keep us busy...waiting for what seemed like forever...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I really didn't like saying goodbye...not knowing for sure how long it would be until we saw him again. We knew he would be coming home for a few weeks in the summer, and he had at least one conference back here in the states, but we weren't sure when that would be.

When he got there, he did find out when the confernece is...next month!!! Wish they would of told us before I cried my eyes out at the airport...I can handle a month! So, now he will get to come home for a few days, which means...we will be saying GOODBYE again in a month! ugh!

Oh well?!

7 comments:

K Bailey said...

Oh I know how hard it is to get Dale to really smile! Those are good smiles!! Those pics of the kids looking out of the glass are sad! I'm glad he is coming home....wish it was a little more towards the middle though huh?

salty c-snake said...

boo. that's all i can say friend!! i'm glad you get to start the count down at least. i hate it for you guys that he is gone. those pics just make it worse. i love the shot of the three of them in front of the red wall. and did taylor take the shot of the three of you?? i love it. anyway-you no my number:)

Nessa said...

SO glad he comes home soon...for at least a few days. Those pictures of the children looking out the window break my heart! We are so thankful for Dale and others like him...and their families! You can do it Cara!

The Foys said...

It stinks that you have to say goodbye again, but SO GOOD to be able to see him again!! I'm so happy that he gets so come home for a little bit to see you guys!

TheSweetMom said...

All of those pics are adorable! My tummy has a little knot in it knowing you guys have to do that again. But, it is a relief knowing it won't be that long before he'll be home again for a visit!

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this. You've been on my mind a lot for the past few weeks. You are a very strong lady. I am a wimp because Jared leaves for a week to go hunting.


When do you want to come down here to visit?


Jen

Beck said...

I want you to know that my family appreciates the sacrifice(s) that our military men and women make so that the rest of us may live our lives and appreciate our freedoms. As the wife of a Marine (inactive) I know how much the Thank You's mean! So THANK YOU! Love your pictures as usual...your blog is definitely one of my favorites (:

Have a GREAT weekend!