9.13.2009

Turner Falls.

Our Labor Day weekend started out down in Turner Falls, OK.
I have been wanting to check this place out for sometime. So, I'm glad we finally
made our way down there.
The kids had a great time playing in the little streams of water.
Taylor loved the water holes too.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We took a break from the water to have a little snack,
We LOVE it when there are snowcones and nachos!
Those happen to be a favorite summer time snack.
Photobucket
Taylor was trying to catch these little itty bitty fish...
he thought he caught one here, but he didn't...bummer!
Photobucket
Maddie was just being Maddie, very cautious...
She was afraid she ws going to slip, and fall in.
Photobucket
Maddie's little feet next her daddy's big feet!
Photobucket
They had this big water hole, or pond I guess...
with this old rickety slide that looked like it was built back in the 60's...
It had about a 4 foot drop off into the water hole.
I was a little surprised Taylor wanted to go on it...I thought he might be afraid,
but he did it!
I love the look on his face in these pictures...
they are a little blurry, because he was going so fast down the slide.

Photobucket

I love the look on his face...do you think he was a little scared?
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
He may have been afraid for a few seconds...but then he couldn't wait to go again!
And we can't wait to go to Turner Falls again...
in fact we've booked a weekend getaway in a couple weeks, we're hoping
for some fall like weather this time. We'll see, you never know here in Oklahoma?!

4 comments:

TheSweetMom said...

I love the feet pic! That is priceless. Don't you love Turner Falls?! I can NOT believe they still let people go down that slide. Brave boy! When I was his age I never wanted to go down it! Still don't! lol!

Nessa said...

I went there as kid all the time and loved it!!! Cute post!

The Foys said...

Where is Turner Falls? It looks like an awesome place to visit! You always find so many fun places to visit!

Jennifer Brammer said...

How fun! I love the pictures of Taylor going down the slide--yeah, he looks scared! But that's awesome he wanted to go again!