6.02.2009

Dance.Dance.Dance.

Our little dancer had her recital last week. She sure has enjoyed dance this year. She has a CD that she listens to and practices with all the time in her room, and every single time we drive by the community center, she squeals..."Mommy that's where my dance class is!" It is so cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We were a bit concerned she wouldn't perform, because at the dress rehersal she came running over to me and started crying and wouldn't dance with her class.

So the night of the recital I purposely didn't volunteer to be a stage mom (I hate the sound of that, anyway) so that I could drop her off backstage and then go sit in the audience, where hopefully she couldn't see us...I just thought she might be better off.
Photobucket
...and I was right! She did so well! It was so stinkin' cute watching all those little girls dance.
Photobucket
We did get a great laugh at Maddie's little friend Grace, when she folded her arms and turned around and protested, while the rest danced...such a funny girl!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We did get it all on video, but I haven't figured it out (ok...I haven't even tried) to download video onto my computer, let alone on blogger. I will though...at some point.
Way to go Maddie Cakes...this is just the beginning! We love you!

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Fun! Maddie looks beautiful and Grace is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute. Brings back memories of a little girl named Cara, that we took pictures and movies of at her first dance recital. So, Maddie you want to see how your Mama handled this same situation? Poppy will show you sometime and then you can laugh at your Mama.

Love,

Poppy

Lindsey said...

We had lots of fun in dance lessons with you Maddie...not that you can tell from the pics :) Oh well, what a memory right?