6.16.2009

A Kind Deed & our little Girly Girl.

Dale has been working a lot lately, of course what's new? We knew he had weekend duty this past weekend too. So when Friday evening rolled around Dale and I decided to meet at a restuarant across from the base. When we pulled up at the restuarant Taylor saw another place he would rather go. So I called Dale back and told him Taylor wanted to go to "the peanut place" instead, Dale agreed and said he would be there soon.

The kids and I sat down and the kids started in on the peanuts as we waited...and waited for Dale to come. The kids were being unusually good eating up the peanuts and bread. All the while there was a middle aged couple and their mother sitting in the booth behind us. Dale finally showed up after about 20 minutes and we ate our dinner. I happen to notice the couple sitting behind us get up and leave. A few minutes later our server came over and informed us the gentleman sitting behind us had paid for our meal!!! Dale and I looked at each other and said "Are you kidding?" and she said, no she wasn't. We couldn't believe it! Dale took off outside to see if they were still in the parking lot, so he could Thank them...but they were gone. We still couldn't believe someone would do that for us. Our server said she has seen it happen before. We are positive it was because of Dale showing up in his uniform late for dinner with his family. We were just so grateful for the generosity of this man. It really made me feel good about the people in our community who support our military and their families. It made me more aware of the kindness we can give to others anonymously. It also gave us the opportunity to teach Taylor a lesson on paying it forward and doing a kind deed for someone else.

And because I can't do a post without a picture...

Here is our Girly Girl putting on her "Lippy's"
Photobucket
Photobucket
She is so funny...when ever I am putting on my make-up, she is right next to me, trying on every kind of lip gloss I own! (which I have to admit is too many!) I have most likely created a make-up monster.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, these are just to cute. You have got to enter some of these pics of her in some kind of contest or send them to a modeling agent or something. She is just to much. I wonder if she could act? At least model for pictures and clothes.

Love, Dad

The Foys said...

Oh what a great story! That's so awesome! And Maddie... what a doll!

K Bailey said...

What a neat story! I just saw a photographer's site that does some "kind deeds" for military families.....I thought that was cool.

Nessa said...

Love the header. Awesome story.

Lindsey said...

So cute...love the shoe pics!

Kendra said...

That is so nice! It is nice to know there are still decent people in this world! Also, dang Maddie is cute. That picture is so awesome! I can't wait to see you guys! One month to go!!!

Beck said...

That's a nice story! I am a server a few nights a week and often my tables pay for the men who come in with their uniforms on. It always makes me smile and I am always SO happy to tell the soldier that their meal has been payed for!

The pictures are GORGEOUS!!!