12.30.2010

Big Apple~Day 2~My Birthday!

Saturday the 27th was my birthday, so we left all the kiddies home with Rachel (thank you, thank you!) and headed into the city for a fun day with no kids.  First on the agenda was to try and get my fake coach handbag from Chinatown.  Kerri and Paul dropped Dale and I off at Broadway and Canal St. to try to quickly get the goods.  We had quite the "underground" experience locating my much desired bag, but in the end we found one and thankfully Dale was with me to negotiate!  Sorry no picture of the bag...but I love it!  After that we headed to the theater district for our show.
Photobucket

I have wanted to see Mamma Mia on Broadway for sometime...I love Abba!  It was a fun show, especially the 6 or 7 encore songs they performed in spandex...the whole audience was up dancing...it was so fun!!!  I'm so glad Kerri made this happen for me, she is such a great friend!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

After the show we made the trek up Broadway to a very delicious and highly recommended Italian Restaurant.  It was so yummy!  They even brought out canoli's for desert with a candle...they were heavenly!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had fun walking around Times Square and soaking up the sites and people.  It was my best Birthday so far!  Having my birthday so close to Thanksgiving, it sometimes gets over looked, so I was so happy to have such a fun weekend with friends and family!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cara,

You look stunning in the green coat.