1.11.2008

Why God made Moms, the Taylor Way

My friend Kerri posted the answers to these questions by her children, I thought it would be fun to hear what Taylor thought...so here goes...

Why did God make Moms? Taylor: To talk to her friends
How did God make Moms? Taylor: He put eyeballs on them
What ingredients are Moms made of ? Taylor: Robots
Why did God give you your mom and not some other mom? Taylor: I picked you in heaven.
What kind of girl was your Mom? Taylor: Cara
What did Mom need to know about Dad before she married him? Taylor: They really wanted to be married.
Why did your Mom marry your Dad? Taylor: Because she wanted too.
Who's the boss at your house? Taylor: Mom and Dad
What's the difference between Mom's and Dad's? Taylor: One is a girl and the other is a boy...dhuh mom!!!
What does your Mom do in her spare time? Taylor: Go to girl's night
What would it take to make your Mom perfect? Taylor: Give me treats and candy. ( I guess I'm perfect then...check out the picture below)
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be? Taylor: Buy me toys when I'm good. When I was a little girl my grandma made pretty ruffly panties for all of her granddaughters, so my Mom has done the same thing for her grandgirls. Maddie is posing in her "pretty panties" which she refuses to where the right way ( the ruffles go in the back) But who really wants to argue with a 2 year old Miss Priss?!!
This is my latest endeavour. Several months ago my Mom made my pillow shams and pillows, so I have been wanting to finish this duvet cover for my bedroom. So finally with a little inspiration from the Pottery Barn catalog, I came up with this design and finished it yesterday. Thanks to my Mom, who has instilled in me the skill of sewing. However, I will never be as good as her, that is why she did the pillows, so they would be perfect! Thanks Mom!

5 comments:

Scrappy said...

I have been meaning to do something like that (the questions) with my boys. You have inspired me, I will finally get it done now.
Maddie is so adorable.
I LOVE the duvet, I can't wait to see it in person.

Kerri said...

Your sewing project is amazing. Your bedroom is beautiful. I am a complete failure at sewing so I'm a little jealous. . . I loved Taylor's answers. They were so cute, especially the one that you were made to talk to your friends! Yes, my kids can relate to that one!

Kendra said...

Hi sister! I can blog again! I love my nephew, he is pretty darn funny! I can just picture him saying all that! Also I love the bedding. You are kind of cool! Love you lots and lots!

TheSweetMom said...

Oh my! I could tell your mom was a great sewer when you brought those pillows home, but I never knew you could pull off a duvet like this! Wow, I'm impressed:) I laughed about what Tay had to say, so I asked Tanner too. He said some funny stuff... apparently he thinks I need a "thingy" like boys have:) LOL! Elisabeth

TheSweetMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.